What We Do
The Firefighters Memorial Trust is a charity, managed by a dedicated Board of Trustees. The Trust exists to recognise the commitment and dedication of all United Kingdom Firefighters, (and those serving in designated British Overseas Territories), particularly those who have died as a result of their duties, serving the community.
Our primary Aim is to ensure that all those Firefighters who have lost their lives, while serving humanity and, who meet the Criteria, as defined by the Trust, are Remembered and Honoured.
We will achieve the Aims of the Trust by:
- Recording their names on ‘The Firefighters Memorial’, located close to St Paul’s Cathedral in London and in the Trust’s Book of Remembrance.
- Remembering and Honouring them at the annual ‘Firefighters Service of Remembrance’ and wreath-laying at The Firefighters Memorial located close to St Paul's Cathedral in London.
- Remembering and Honouring them by the creation, and the presentation of the ‘Memorial Medal’ ,to their next of kin, (subject to criteria).
- Remembering and Honouring all members of the Fire and Rescue Service, past and present, at the annual ‘Service of Thanksgiving’ at the ‘Fire and Rescue Service Monument’ located within the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas, Staffordshire.
- Being the recognised organisation to provide the retired Fire and Rescue Service contingent at the Annual Service of Remembrance at The Cenotaph, on Remembrance Sunday, each November.
- Maintaining The Fire Service Chapel located within the Fire Service College located within The Fire Service College, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire.
- Maintaining The ‘Firefighters Memorial Heritage Collection’, located within the Fire Service College, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire.